Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!

2008 has been a roller coaster year for many. In 2008 I graduated from seminary, gotten engaged, helped plan a wedding, married Kara and seen an economic recession that many say is the worst since the Great Depression. You know, all pretty normal stuff.

As I was considering what I want to be true of my life in 2009 I came to the conclusion that I want to read the whole Bible in 2009 with my friends. I want you to read with me and then make comments on this blog so that we would be greatly benefited by our studies of Scripture. The focus of this blog will be what Jesus says is the focus of the Scriptures - himself (John 5:39-40). I will be posting on how the Scriptures fit together in this purpose - to reveal the Messiah to us. 

I want you to be part of this. It will help me greatly. If you don't post or make comments I hope that you are benefited by my posts and continue to read through the Bible this 2009. The goal of this blog is to help you see Jesus in the Bible and when we see him that we will be like the disciples that were on the road to Emmaus. I hope that we will say like them - "Did not our hearts burn with within us while he talked to us on the road, while he opened to us the Scriptures?" (Luke 24:32)

Grace and peace to you in 2009

TG

No comments:

Post a Comment