Sunday, January 4, 2009

Lamech is Looking

Here are a several interesting things that I have seen in these first chapters of Genesis:

1) Look at the wording between the curse to Eve (3:16) and the conversation between Cain and God (4:7).
"Your desire will be for (or against) your husband, but he shall rule over you." (esv)
and
"Its (sin) desire is for (or against) you, but you must rule over it." (esv)

I would love to hear thoughts on this.

2) Lamech is looking for the Offspring (the Messiah)! (5:28-31)

I think it is so cool that in the genealogy of Noah we get to see  that Lamech is looking for the offspring that remove (or reverse) the curse from the Earth. He says, "Out of the ground that the LORD has cursed this one shall bring us relief from our work and the painful toil of our hands." 

3) Both Enoch and Noah walk with God. 

Moses is so fun to read. I hope these thoughts help you in your reading. Remember Moses wrote this book about Jesus. Moses is showing us that from the beginning we were to look for this offspring that will come from Eve who will remove the curse from us. Lamech is looking and so should we, as we read and as we live. Jesus is coming again and we live exactly how these men lived - looking for our Savior! 

"Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End...
He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming soon." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.
The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God's people. Amen. (Rev 22:12, 20-21)
Come. Let's read looking. 

TG

No comments:

Post a Comment